Be More Technical - Be More Creative
Speedlighting is challenging, especially if you don't know the fundamentals of lighting and/or your gear. This course is designed to get you from guessing to controlling, from wondering to wow. With lots of hands on demonstrations and projects you will learn to see, set-up, and capture the light to make amazing images. Think of how much more you will enjoy your flash when you can use it creatively, and effectively, to create the shots you want.
In this course you will learn through hands on experience, how to:
- Learn about TTL and Manual flash settings
- Operate your flash on and off-camera
- Work in studio and on location with live demonstrations
- Use the photographic process to achieve a proper exposure
- Understand the different qualities of light
- Use modifiers to shape and gels to colour light
- Work with professional models
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Dates: August 13, 15, 20, and 22
Time: 6:30pm - 9:30pm (12 instructional hours)
Note - Students must bring an external flash and fresh batteries to each class (Students using Sony cameras require a hot shoe adapter to convert the Sony hot shoe to a conventional hot shoe or Sony radio triggers (receiver and transmitter) for off-camera operation. Please contact us if you need further assistance)
"Not only did Jason guide us into using our camera in manual mode, he showed us how to explore its functions creatively. Overall, I am more confident with my camera, particularly in manual mode, and feel my photography skills have improved immensely."
- P. Kumar